Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bay View, MI...

We spent several days in Michigan. Petoskey was our first stop. The town of Petoskey surrounds an older township called Bay View. It was founded as a religious resort community in 1875. As we walked around I realized that when I imagine small town America - this is what's in my head. Lovely Victorian houses, tall leafy trees, lawns that blend together, kids out playing, people on porches, and the most amazingly clean outdoor smells - amazing. Unfortunately we didn't actually get to stay here - but it was fun to visit.


The sign on the green house says "Wee Hoose"! You can't say that without smiling.


3 comments:

patyz. said...

what a beautiful place!

Pieceful Jane said...

I just love the Bay View area. It is one of my favorite in the state. Soooooo picturesque! Now I wish I were headed north for a vacation this summer.

Mary-Kay C. said...

My sister lives in Charlevoix, MI and every time I visit I love looking at the houses. I think that the Bayview area of Petoskey is only open during the summer months. I believe that during the winter the streets are barricaded off and not plowed. All those houses are"cottages". I wish my house was a nice as one of those grand beauties.